FOR A SMILE THAT LASTS A LIFETIME
- SOUTH JERSEY'S TOP RATED LOCAL® DENTIST
- Here at Ortho One, we believe that a beautiful, happy smile is only one benefit of the quality orthodontic care we provide.
Parts of Braces
- Bands are a ring of metal, which fit around the molars and sometimes premolars. The bands are selected from a range of sizes in order to find the tightest fitting band. The bands are sealed in position using dental cement that contains fluoride to prevent any delcalcification during treatment.
- The brackets hold the archwire against each tooth. The archwire fits into a slot in the bracket. Brackets may be attached directly to each tooth or to a band.
- The main wires, or archwires, are shaped specifically to fit around the arch into the bracket slots. Teeth move away from the pressure that is applied by the braces. The pressure comes from the archwire, which guides the direction of movement.
- An elastic is the tiny rubber ring that ties the archwire onto the bracket.
- Hooks are small attachments of the brackets used to attach elastics (rubber bands).